Sunday, February 11, 2007

I was hectic on Thursday

I signed up for conversation partner on Thursday. I like talking with Annette. It was my second time to speak to her. I talked about my research paper "the comparison of New Zealand and Cyprus" and my harass. I looked at those books about it on the Internet. I was very disappointed about the result that almost every single book I needed for my research paper was off the shelf or someone else put on reserve at Scott library. It were back books that on shelves. Annette gave me some pieces of suggestion such as reference room, and periodical room. Moreover, students could not check out books from reference and periodical room, and there were current academic journals in periodical room. She run it down to me. Maybe I could look for material through the method. I have not been finished with the outline of the research paper yet.
I hanged out with my classmates to visit The Bata Shoe Museum around downtown. All of the shoes could represent different ethnic culture, I thought. Three of them were my favorite. Each of them was typical Asian style. One was made in India. Others were made in 19th in China. I would like to mention to women silk embroidery shoes bound feet I liked it very much because it had detailed needle work and image as well as the meaning to cheer Chinese people up. The pattern was five bats. The pronunciation was the same as happiness in Chinese. That five bats was embroidered on silk shoes with silk thread meant that happiness came to you in ancient China. The meaning is very popular in China.
After visiting The Bata Shoe Museum, we had dinner at a Korean restaurant nearby Bloor Station. I had no any idea about Korean dish; so, Derek recommend me two dishes. Both of them were bibimbap . One was spicy, and the other was mild. I preferred spicy dish, I ordered the spicy. After then, I added a very delicious spicy sauce to it. I thought the so called Korean spicy sauce was very mild, I added the sauce to it twice. As Min Soo and Derek thought it was spicy enough, they asked me what I thought about it I felt it was OK when I had it. While we were at Bloor Station, my stomach was like burning. Derek suggested my drinking more at home. After returning home, I did not do anything except drinking.

1 comment:

Melvin Huynh said...

I like spicy too. What a pity that I couldn't go to restaurant with guys because I was busy. Sorry about that