I think I was a luck dog on this Tuesday. As I forgot singing up for the conversation partner session in advance and I was not free on Thursday , I had to have a conversation on Wednesday or Friday. When I accessed the Internet to sing up for conversation partner session about 12:00 on this Tuesday, I found an appointment was free on that day. Despite the appointment was 12:20 in Vanier 117 and I did not know where it was, I decided to meet the conversation partner Annette.
This was my first time to have conversation with Annette. She looked like an Asian. Firstly, she introduced herself. Her mother was from Hong Kong, and she was born and bred in Canada. She majored in fine art at York University. She can speak Cantonese. She said that if you had any question, I would explain it in Cantonese. I only spoke standard Chinese except English. Then, she asked me some questions about my background, my purpose to study abroad and so on. Those questions were boring. As long as I met a new conversation partner, they asked my the same questions. Compared with other conversation partners, Annette’s distinctive features were that her pronunciation was very clear and her accent was a little bit like Asian. Therefore, I easily responded to what she said at quick speed. We communicate with each other efficiently and effectively. After talking with Annette about the following questions, I mentioned that What about Faculty of Engineering at York University. She said that Faculty of Engineering was weakness for York University. She advised me to apply for other university such as Waterloo.
Saturday, February 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment