Sunday, January 21, 2007

What a busy day

I had a seminar “Canada social issues ”on Thursday. One of requirements was to pick a topic everyone would present about. Unfortunately, Ronaldo and I chose the same topic. It is the last topic on the list. As Ronaldo gave up the last topic-obesity, the instructor gave priority to my choice. His manners stamped him a gentleman. I felt grateful him very much.

It was a busy day on Thursday. It was my first time to sign up for the conversation partner in the session. As I did not know where the appointed room was, I had to arrive ahead of time. Fortunately, I met Juanita on the way. She told me how to went there.

It was the first time to speak with the conversation partner. At first, I introduced me to her. After that, she asked me what you spoke about today. I said to make a mini presentation about Chinese ShouZhou embroidery tomorrow. The presentation was assigned on Monday. I had searched some information on the Internet. I planned to tell about it in advance. She was interested in Chinese embroidery, and she wondered how to finish a piece of embroidery. I said that what Chinese ShouZhou embroidery was. Varied patterns are embroidered onto fine silk with silk thread. I mentioned the characteristic of Suzhou embroidery is two-sided pattern. The picture is repeated on both sides of the embroidered piece. The stitching on embroidered pieces is done with silk threads. They have been divided until the actual thread is almost impossible to see. Through the repetition of stitches a very dense embroidering occured. At last, I showed her a Chinese ShouZhou double-sided embroidery silk scarf. She thought Chinese ShouZhou embroidery is highly commendable, especially intricate needlework. After listening to my speaking, she suggested going down my speaking speed to get my ideas across.

No comments: